Welcome to the first of many articles that demonstrate how to use our app(s)!
This article provides the steps on how to download the right app from your device’s app store.
Like the website experience, the app is essentially a mobile version of your club’s website login portal where you can conveniently book courts, view past and upcoming reservations, enroll in events, make your payments, and even find your fellow members or players!
Depending on your club’s price-plan, you may be directed to using either the “PlayTennisConnect” app OR your club’s own branded app.
Before we start...
Before installing, please make sure that you do these 3 things:
- Know which app you need to install.
You can do this by contacting one of your club’s staff members and ask them if you should be using the “PlayTennisConnect app” or their “ branded app.”
- Sign in to your Apple or Google account within your device’s app store.
- Without a signed-in account, you will not be able to download apps from your device’s app store.
- If you are not familiar with this process, please refer to the table below and click on the article that best applies to you:
Apple (App Store) Android (Play Store) Sign-in using Existing Account Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support Add or remove an account on Android - Android Help (google.com) Create an Account or Sign Up How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support Create a Google Account - Google Account Help Forgot your password or need to reset your account credentials If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support Change or reset your password - Android - Google Account Help
- Make sure your device is up-to-date!
- It is essential that your device is running the latest software for an optimal experience.
- If you are not sure if your device is running the latest software, or how to update your device, refer to the table below:
Apple (App Store) Android (Play Store) Updating your Device’s Operating System Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Check & update your Android version - Android Help (google.com)
Once you have checked and completed the 3 items above, you may start the download process.
|IMPORTANT NOTE: The club name "my favorite tennis club" which is shown in the screenshot below is a sample club name only. If you are using PlayTennisConnect V3, then type in “PlayTennisConnect V3” in the app store.|
- Open the app store on your device.
- Search for the appropriate app and install it.
- Open the app you just installed.
- Read the permissions prompt(s), then hit Allow.
Although we strongly encourage you to allow all prompted permissions to take advantage of all the capabilities the app can do, we recognize the privacy concerns or hesitancy that may come with accepting these permissions. So please refer to the table below to educate yourself, and then select “allow access” for the following permissions that is best suited for you.
Please keep in mind however, that disabling some of these permissions may inhibit certain features and your experience with the app.
MESSAGE PURPOSE “Allow <app name> to access photos and media on your device.” Allows you to upload and alter your account profile photo. “Allow notifications from <app name>” Allows you to receive notifications and updates within the app for court reservations, event enrollments, and more. “Allow <app name> to access your camera” Allows you to change your profile photo using a new photo from your device’s camera.
- Congrats! You have successfully installed the app.
- Please note that your landing page may look different depending on the settings your club has set.
Click here to proceed to the next steps